Can I make a change?
With the entry of new organization every day, expanding carbon footprints and with ever increasing population, the one who is facing the most heat is climate. The depletion rate of Himalayan has already hit eleven meters. The per capita emission for U.S. citizen is 20 tones, while this is below 4 for china, and just above one for India. So we can easily say that, developed countries are responsible for the present situation and it has nothing to do with developing one. So the former should take steps to combat the depleting ozone layer and expanding mercury.
But can we escape the adversity awaiting us by playing this blame game? No matters, who is how much responsible for it, the price will be paid by everyone. Be it American. Be it anyone else. So better prepare our self and work as a team to avoid the seemingly unavoidable catastrophe ahead. Everybody today is talking about it, but how can I, as an ordinary citizen of an ordinary country can contribute my bit to the cause? Here is a listing which are ostensibly very simple steps, but can proved to be highly valuable if taken by a mass citizen base, including you and me. Don’t forgot, you are not in traffic, but you are the traffic. We are a nation of more than one billion people, if one percent of us, save one percent of current usage of electricity, we can save a lot.
1. Don’t think can I alone, make a change?
2. Can we switch to sunlight during day instead of tube lights?
3. Are we using oil products conservatively, like going to office in public transport?
4. Can we switch down our AC for an hour a day?
5. Can we switch to CFLs?
6. Do we switch off the electrical appliances after using them honestly?
7. Are we shaving or brushing with running water in wash basin?
8. Can we take bath with bucket instead of shower?
9. Can we avoid using lift, atleast up to 3 floors?
10. Can we switch off our TV’s main switch instead from the remote only?